Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hair Cuts


After 6 days at my parent's house I was able to come home on Sunday night. While I was gone, Bruce took the boys in for their summer hair cuts. A couple of more weeks and I might be caught up with the boys. They all commented on how much my hair had grown since they last saw me. It has been nice being back at home with the boys. It is taking a while to get my energy back. The endocrinologist said it would be another week or so before I am feeling better.
On Monday I had my scan to find out where the thyroid cancer had spread. It is a cool procedure because the radioactive treatment not only treats the cancer but is also able to detect if the cancer has spread anywhere else in the body. We found out that I had one positive lymph node in my neck that had some residual thyroid cancer. Hopefully the radioactive iodine will do its job and take care of the cancer. I will have an ultra sound of my neck in the next couple of weeks and then a follow up scan in a few months, which will let us know if the radioactive treatment worked.
I went back to the oncologist this week. He said my white, red, gran., and platelet counts are too low to start my next round of chemo. I will have to wait 3 more weeks, but hopefully at that time I'll be ready to rock and roll. Crazy thing, but I am disappointed that I couldn't start chemo again this week. Hopefully, when I do get started, I will be strong enough to get through all the treatments without taking a break.
Have a great week and a Happy Valentine's Day!
Jeanel

8 comments:

meegz said...

GREAT picture. Love you guys!

shaunandnina said...

You are such a good looking family!

Anna Linnea said...

Glad you are home with the fam again. You and the family are are looking great!

Sheredith and Matt said...

Hey Jeanel!!! I don't know if you remember me, but I just set up my blog about a couple of weeks ago, and Roylene sent me your link to check out today. I'm Sheredith (Blais) Tebbs, if that might refresh your memory...but I was reading through your blog, and I just want to let you know, how much you inspire me just through your words! You have endured alot the last few months and by the looks of it you are doing well! I want you to know that I'm here for you and I would like to add you to my blog so I can keep tabs with ya on how you are doing. I alway's liked you Janeal. My mom passed a way of breast cancer in 1998, and it has been a big loss in my life! I'm working through the feelings everyday of "why" and hoping I can get through it!!! Ugh! It's been almost 11 yrs. and I'm still missing her more than ever!!! It seems like I need her the most right now! It can be very frustrating! I must say though, your blog brought tears to my eye's....and Janeal with 3 boys, you amaze me! I'm glad you have family around you to help. I would love to hear back from ya!!! If you remember me...:)

cristina said...

Hola! me siento bien por tí. Recuerdo esa llamada en la que hablamos sobre tu enfermedad, recuerdo el ánimo de ambas, y sé que el mismo ha cambiado. Muchas veces pienso en ti y en lo fuerte que eres, en tu fe y en tu esperanza. Todo obra para bien, aunque muchas veces no veamos el propósito, esa es la verdad. Recuerda que te amo, y gracias por ser mi amiga.

Cristina

karenhroth said...

Jeanel,
I haven't been on here in a while to check up on you, but that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about you!! You are amazing and so strong. It's great to see (and read about) you doing so well. I think about and pray for you often. Thank you for the Christmas card...I owe you one!!! Happy Valentine's Day, and Happy (early) Birthday, too!

amberchase.weebly.com said...

Jeanel,
Your family picture is great! Congrats on the new hair. You look beautiful!
Every time I buzz my boys hair to the same length as mine, theirs grows 10 times faster than mine! We keep having hair growing contests, but I keep on loosing!! Isn't it hilarious how excited we get about hair fuzz! Any hair is better than no hair in my book!
I am sorry you weren't able to begin your new chemo, but I think it will do you good to have a break from all the abuse that your body has been through.
I hope you continue to feel better every day from your Thyroid treatments. Enjoy your time off from chemo, relax, and hug and kiss your boys! Hope to talk to you soon.
Love, Amber

Torri P said...

Jeanel, you are amazingly strong! I LOVE the family picture! You look so beautiful in it!