Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fabulous February


We celebrated Presidents' Day with a doughnut and candle...




The boys had a great time playing in the snow and survived Dad's trophy sledding hill in the front yard.

This has been a really enjoyable couple of weeks. I have started to feel a lot better because of the nice long break from chemo. I've had more energy and have been able to take care of the boys on my own. I even went out and snow blowed our 13 inches of snow. It was nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air, but I think the best part was that for those couple of hours I wasn't "sick". What a great feeling!!






We had a great time getting away to the Stanley Family time share in East Canyon. The boys loved exploring the condo, playing with their new legos (thanks Janell!), sledding and having Mommy and Daddy time.



Today has been a very happy birthday. I had a great time at lunch with some friends, we had dinner brought in by some other friends, this evening I had a nice visit with 2 of my favorite people, and Bruce bought my favorite pie to celebrate #37.

I have been blessed and I am so grateful for all that I enjoy on a daily basis. I know how important it is to focus on the positive. It is amazing how quickly my attitude changes and my day becomes brighter when I count my blessings. Thank you for your friendship and support.

Tomorrow I start chemo again. It is hard to even say, but I know that is what I need to do to feel like I am fighting as hard as I can. I pray that God will make up the difference and that I will be blessed to have many more happy birthdays!

Love to you all! Jeanel

6 comments:

meegz said...

It was fabulous wasn't it? Thanks for lunch -- I had a GREAT time...I hope that pie was divine! Happy Birthday!!!

Anna Linnea said...

I can't believe how much snow you have! I am so jealous! We didn't get very much this year. Glad to hear that you had a great b-day. Good luck with the chemo today!

shaunandnina said...

Happy Birthday Jeanel! Hope it was great! Good luck with the chemo again today - I am glad you were able to feel well for a while.

Melissa-Mc said...

I hope you had a great birthday. Good luck on your next run of chemo. I will be praying for you.

Missy said...

Happy belated birthday!!!! You are in our family prayers every night.

Missy said...

That "Matt" comment was from me, Missy Gross!