Sunday, March 22, 2009

2 Down 2 To Go

On Wednesday I went in for my second of 4 treatments. To my surprise I was able to talk the doctor into adding another chemo agent to the current regime. I was there from 9:30 to 3:30 getting taxotere, cytoxin (the new chemo agent), herceptin, and zometa. I was expecting the deep bone aches and head aches that I got the last time around, but for the most part I have been just feeling like crap and tired. The days are long and noise really bugs, so I headed to my parents' house for some quiet time on Saturday- which was really helpful. Bruce has influenza, so needless to say, the kids have been a little under-supervised this weekend. I hope to find to house still standing in the morning... Here is to a couple of more sick days and then a couple of good weeks!!! Jeanel

5 comments:

My Family said...

Jeanel, We talked back in September at Dr Hanson's office. I was finishing chemo. I have had taxotere also. My experience is that it wiped me out for a few days and the bone pain. I always figured that it was working because I felt so horrible and lost my hair. I have had two clear scans and am hoping for a long stretch without recurrance. I read your blog often and pray for you. Theresa Hyde

meegz said...

hey, hey -- I like your new background.:) Hope that yucky feeling going around the house goes away soon. I know it will -- Xander's prayers will do the trick!

soccer mom 5 said...

Jeanel, I'm now the one who has figured out a bit of technology. You are amazing. Hope that Bruce is feeling better and that the boys are feeling calmer. Well, we can hope for Bruce to feel better, anyway. Love ya. Heidi

Mom OT said...

I love the new background!!! I hope you are feeling better!! Let me know if you need a pick-me-up!!!

The Merrill's said...

I am also just catching up with the rest of the world. Actually just started a blog more as a journal for myself. You are the greatest! Hope you start feeling better soon. love ya