Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thyroid Ultra Sound

It seems crazy to blog every week when I don't have anything going on, but I sure enjoy the uneventful week. This week included house work, taking care of the boys and a sick husband, car pool, making the boys' quilt, going to tiger scouts,taking my first MacBook lesson, watching 3 cousins for the weekend, and continuing the fight to get our basement completed.
I guess I did have one test done this week- not such great news. I had a thyroid U/S on Monday and it found a remaining suspicious node. It seems a little unusual because as far as I know, I only had one remaining node after my surgery. I had great levels to help the radioactive iodine be as effective as it can be, so I'm not sure what the problem is. It doesn't seem like I got my money's worth, especially $11k. I will have another ultra sound in 2-3 months and go from there.
Spring is in the air and I can't wait to start getting out of the house more. Enjoy this time of year!!!
Love, Jeanel

3 comments:

Anna Linnea said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't have such great news this week. That has to be kind of a downer. Keep fighting though, you are in our prayers. Love Linnea

meegz said...

Why'd cute Charon have to go there today? I'd much rather sit next to you and chat irreverently than to sit next to you and cry.
THANKS for being a great friend...Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeanel!

Happy belated birthday...you guys had a busy Feb! Will be thinking of you as you reach your next milestone with chemo in April. That is fantastic that you are taking mac lessons.....I love the digital photo program ....that's what I used to make your book. Check it out once you upload some pictures.

Hugs!
michelle
ps. I am going to organize a mini trip with angie/karen sometime this next year if you are up for visitors.