Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Fun (11 April 09)

Sorry it has been a while since I last posted. I was trying to get a blog done prior to chemo this past Wednesday, but obviously that didn't happen.
On Sunday I took the boys down to my sister, Suzette's house. We always have really nice time. Landon and Wilson played hoops (indoors and outdoors) most of the time and Sadie and Alison took care of Xander and Ryker. It really is a break for me, except my kids just won't sleep in...
On Monday we went to the Bean Museum (too many dead animals for my taste) and took the boys bowling and then out for pizza. Of course I forgot my camera, but got a few photos on my cell phone. We also colored Easter Eggs. Landon and Sadie made cute pink eggs with the breast cancer awareness logo. (I'll post the photos when I figure out how to get them from my email.)
Chemo was on Wednesday... Oh, how I pray this is all worth it! My hair started falling out in copious amounts today (Saturday). Obviously, I expected it, but it still is sad to see it go. My tumor markers in my blood are up, which worries me, but the doctor says that it might just be from my chemo... I'll keep you posted.
Thursday night my parents arrived safely after braving some stormy weather in route from Tennessee. Bruce and Landon were able to help them with some unloading. On Friday night they stopped over to celebrate my dad passing his test! He has studied so hard and can finally get a medical license in UT. I'm so proud of him!!


On Saturday we went to church and had a fun time watching the boys find Easter eggs. Ryker was thrilled by the hunt. Xander was puzzled because all of his eggs had the same kind of candy (at least it was M&Ms). And Landon got quite the haul.
Today was also exciting because the quilt that I have been working on for months is finally finished. My friend, Michelle, has cheerfully helped me make a play mat for the boys. It is a mini-version of our town, complete with: our house, the library, a school, the grocery store, Daddy's office, the church, and an airplane. Making the quilt has been a new adventure for me. I really enjoyed the creative process and learning all that Michelle has taught me along the way. A very heart-felt thank you to Michelle for helping me create something for my boys!
I am so excited for Easter. Spring is a great time of year and I love 'the reason for the season'. It is because of Jesus' atonement and resurrection, that no matter what my outcome is, I have reason to celebrate and be happy. Please keep praying for me. I know that medicine alone can not heal me, but that if it is the Lord's will, I can have my miracle.
Love, Jeanel

2 comments:

carrie said...

jeanel, you are always in my thoughts and I am constantly on the "look out" for information for you! Have a great Easter with your family & congrats to your pops! xo Carrie

Anna Linnea said...

Love the quilt! Great job on it. HOpe you all have a great Easter! Love ya!