Sunday, April 19, 2009

Time Spent

It seems like the hours of the day just fly by. While looking at the state of things in my house, I thought of some of the ways I spent my time this week in an attempt to justify.
First of all, Monday was still a sick day and I didn't really have energy to do much until Tuesday/Wednesday.
1 hour on the phone with our new mortgage lender because they told us to send our payment to the wrong place-- resulting in waving of the $91 late fee.
1 hour lesson at the Apple Store learning to use iPhoto on my MacBook.
1 hour at the fabric store picking out the perfect material for a tote (see 5.5 hours below). I had a really hard time deciding on a fabric and I kept knocking down the bolts of material that surrounded the tables, so I was late picking up Xander from pre-school. Thanks to Janene for grabbing him.
1 hour at Landon's soccer game. They actually scored a goal! I need to get a megaphone because I have to cough every time I yell.
2 hours spent planning summer activities for the boy- soccer, baseball, swimming lessons, Arts-in-the Park, tennis lessons, Lagoon...
2 hours at Lagoon on Saturday. It was a beautiful day! There were no crowds and the boys were able to walk on all of the rides without a wait. Xander's favorite is The Bat, Landon's favorite is Wicked, and Ryker giggles and giggles on Lady Bug Drop.
3 hours spent making and decorating cakes that in the end weren't all that great. (Next time Michelle!)
4 hours spent on the computer researching breast cancer vaccines. This is going to be my next attempt at fighting my breast cancer. The vaccines are still experimental, aren't all that effective, and the side effects are still unknown, but anything to boost my chances at surviving...
5 hours on the phone with Direct TV over the last couple of weeks. We had the installation man come 4 times (4 hour blocks each time) before our upgrade to HD was complete-- resulting in 2 free HD DVRs.
5.5 hours spent making the most spectacular tote bag. Thank you Tonya. I am really enjoying becoming more crafty.

5.6 hours hanging out at Kim's...
6 hours on the computer researching and planning trips. Suzette and I are going to go to NC to visit my brother, RIck and his family in May. They just had a baby 2 weeks ago and we are going to meet the newest member of the family. Then, in June we will be going to Wisconsin for family vacation. I haven't been back in years and I want Bruce and the boys to see my hometown. I am also planning a 5th anniversary get away in July. Also, Bruce and I are planning a trip to Peru in the fall. Bruce served his LDS mission there and has been back several times on medical missions. He is excited to be the tour guide. I'm hope my sister and her husband will be joining us on this adventure. (No pressure!) Living with cancer just makes me want to take advantage of every day. There are so many things I want to do and experience in this life that require physical abilities and energy, so we are going to take advantage of my break from chemo and live it up this summer.
7 hours keeping Landon in his room. On Friday he came home from school at noon because of a cough and having the chills. The office lady informed me that his temperature was 97.8. In the car on the way home he asked me what the chills were and said, "Listen, I think my cough is gone." Needless to say, he was not sick, but at our house, if you come home sick you are in your room for the rest of the day with just books to read. I don't think he'll try pulling that again any time soon.
And my favorite... Last minute mailing of our state taxes on 15 April because we owed money this year. I found the check that was suppose to be in the envelope on the floor of the mini van 3 days later. I wonder how much that is going to cost!
A promise to our house: You will get some attention this week.

9 comments:

meegz said...

giving the house attention is over rated! Sounds like you have allotted your time appropriately -- especially the time with the kids -- including keeping Landon in his room. Gavin tried that one this year too -- it was 7 hours of hell for me, he screamed the first 3 of them and whined the last 4....needless to say, he's been health the rest of the year.:)

The tax check -- um, oops. One year I had them deposit our money to the wrong checking account aka: NOT OURS!:) THat was a sad day for us -- I understand your pain.:)

Keep on living it up -- see ya!

meegz said...

health---y...oops.

organize-n-mama said...

Love the bag you and Megan need to give me some seriuos pointers. I wish I could say that I did as much as you. But I did not. I mean I did attempt to get Mckennas room organized but still today I must work on it. I did give her a path to her bed. Thats sometihing. Hehe Have a positive week.

Anna Linnea said...

WOW!! What a week! How did you fit all of that in? And the bag! When did you turn crafty?!! That is awesome!

Sounds like you guys are going to have an action packed summer. I didn't see any plans for Colorado Springs though! :)

Glad you were feeling better the second half of the week. Love ya and call me when ever you get a chance and are feeling well. I always hate to call you if you aren't feeling well and don't have the energy to talk.

L

Page said...

Good post... I should account for my hours like that to convince myself not to waste time being lazy!

I'm excited for you and Suzette to come visit... let us know when your plans are set!!!

My Family said...

Jeanel,
I love your blog, I met you at Dr Hansen office the first time you met Amber. I was on one of my last treatments. I can relate to much of what you write about. I know that we will see miracles, even if it is being here for that "next great event. My next great event is to see our youngest graduate from high school. Then our son coming home from his mission in Peru. He is in the North mission. Where did Bruce serve? Keep your hope shining brightly!
Theresa Hyde

Leslie said...

Very cute bag! I am jealous of all the travels you are doing. I hope that you will have a good summer off.

:) Leslie

The Merrill's said...

I love your bag! That takes some talent. As far as the house work goes, if you leave the cleaning for another day it will still be there for you - and if you clean today you will still have to clean another day so sounds like you made the right decision to participate in some more memorable activities.

Rick said...

Hi Jeanel,
I love the picture of you and the three boys, and your bag looks great too. We can't wait to see you here. Charleston, SC could be another cool road trip destination. It is about 4 hours away.