Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Fight

Dear Friends and Family,
Jeanel was finally able to leave Huntsman on Wednesday evening and is currently recovering at her sister Suzette's house. She is very sore, tired, and emotionally drained. The ovarian pathology results came back today, and are most consistant with adenocarcinoma, poorly differentiated likely from a primary breast cancer, with 2/5 lymph nodes positive in the periaortic lymph nodes. All other biopsy results throughout the abdomen were negative. We think this means more chemotherapy in the near future and the battle will go on.
When we did the initial mastectomy we essentially "debulked" the tumor (got rid of the major source of tumor that could spread throughout the body). In essence, that is what we have again done, by getting rid of the ovary and the positive lymph nodes. These were the only areas big enough to highlight on the last PET scan. The purpose of more chemotherapy will be to further reduce any smaller residual areas of tumor in her body to keep the cancer in check. The hope is then we can return to another season of remission such as we have had for the last 9 months.
Thank you for your many notes and words of support and continued prayers,
Love,
Bruce

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have to go back to the hectic life of living with cancer. I know that it sucks first hand. Know that you are in my prayers always and if ever I can be of help let me know...I'm probably just a few hospital rooms away :) Love you lots.
Stephanie

shaunandnina said...

I am so sorry that your fight continues. I cannot even imagine how drained you all must be - and feel in awe of how much you have already done. Our prayers, concern, and love will also continue. Please let me know if I can bring meals, watch kiddos, or do anything else that I should just offer or do but am not smart enough to figure out on my own. Love you.

meegz said...

Bruce, thank you so much for the update. You are in Philip and I's prayers, and our children never forgot you in theirs either. Gavin fasted specifically for Jeanel today.

We love you so much, are sad for you and hope that your "many miracles" come to pass again so that you family can have some more wonderful time together in remission of this ugly beast.

Please give Jeanel our love -- and of course, let us know how/when we can help!!

Deborah said...

I'm sorry to hear about the cancer returning....I promise you'll be in my thoughts and prayers :) We as the Mia Maid class would be happy to offer any service we can, you need only ask!
Love and goodwill,
Deborah

Page said...

We all love and pray for you daily (even Carson). You are an inspiration to us.

Anonymous said...

Jeanel,

All the ladies (& guys) at MWU) are sending lots of prayers your way! A bump in the road, but I've never know you to slow down for those bumps! You are a fighter!!
lots of love,
michelle
& MWU crew

karenhroth said...

Jeanel,
Just to follow up Michelle's comment...we are all thinking about you and praying for you and your family!!
Keep up the fight and your faith.
Love,
Karen

Christanne said...

I am so sorry about your new challenge. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, as do your family.

Lilian said...

Jeanel,

I am so sorry about the newest battle with cancer.
We are praying for you and your family.(sorry for the lame-O package.. I didn't know until I read your blog today)
Love you!
Lilian

lynette said...

Jeanel,
You are a constant source of inspiration to me. I have not read your blog in a while as I usually ask Suzette for updates, but I read today cuz I was showing a student what blogs are.

Your grateful list overwhelmed me. I am going through a difficult loss in my life right now and your list hit me so powerfully. I am at work and all teared up. I love you and love your sister so much. Even though she is suffering along with you and has her own family to worry about, she ALWAYS has time for service. You are amazing women and I am blessed to know you.

Carrie said...

Jeanel, No words can capture how I truely feel for you. Your spirit is amazing, and there are no answers to why God continues to challenge you and your family. I know you have a solid support system but know If there is anyting--I am a resource for you.

organize-n-mama said...

Always keeping you in our prayers. You are such a strong and inspiration couple dealing with all that is happening in your lives. We are thinking of you.