Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ryker turns 3!!!!

I can't believe my baby is 3! What a wonderful time it has been. Ryker brings love and laughter into our family. He is incredibly smart, expressive, and insightful. He may be the baby of the family, but in a lot of ways he is the third parent. For some reason, he is the one to remind his older brothers what they should be doing. I love how he uses our words to get the boys back on track. Ryker is a great player. He has an amazing imagination and can have fun with any household item. Ryker is very kind, thoughtful, polite. He does not like his hands dirty and likes to tell me to put things away, but in his own world he is a total 'pack rat'. Although he still needs a nap, he fights falling asleep and can be heard playing and talking to himself an hour after bedtime. Ryker loves to sing songs, read books, paint, color, and cut paper. He has been my steady companion since my surgery. He has been so gentle and helpful. His hugs, kisses, and pats lift my spirits!
Love you, my Rykie Roo.

Ryker's family birthday celebration was a little delayed because of my hospital stay, but the beauty of being 3 years old is that you can celebrate your birthday any day as long as there is a cake and some candles.
Ryker was very opinionated in chosing his birthday theme. For some reason he was very stuck on bowling and also wanted to add balloons and presents to the cake.

Ryker opening his presents.

Family bowling.


Never thought I'd need gutters!

Ryker's new 3 year-old smile.

Landon's smooth style, perfected with Wii bowling.

Xander- satisfied with his performance!



0 comments: