Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Xander Turns 5

I can't believe my sweet little Xander is 5 years old. It seems like yesterday we were in the delivery room and the doctor said it was time to push. I just looked at her and said, "No." Bruce looked at me with surprise and said, "No really, it is time to push." I then looked at the nurse and told her I was serious and I didn't want to push. We went back and forth for a little while and obviously, those not lying down in the bed won. But I was the real winner, because I was blessed with the an amazing, perfect baby, complete with a puckered 'pouty lip', but missing dimples. I remember the first time Landon (age 3) met Xander. He was so excited and in awe. He looked at him as I held him in the hospital bed and snuggled right up to him. Then he sat up and said, 'Where are his piggies?' Landon lifted up Xander's blanket and examined his baby brothers toes with such sweetness. Some things have changed, but it still makes my heart so happy to see my boys loving each other.



What a handsome little boy!
Xander is full of personality. He is friendly, witty, goofy, loving, kind, athletic, smart, and energetic. He give good snuugles, sloppy kisses, and pets me when he wants to be extra sweet. He loves to ride his bike and scooter and has amazing balance. This year he has fallen in love with anything that he can throw, bounce, or kick. His favorite food is shepherd's pie and corn on the cob. He has learned how to read this summer and is working hard at writing all of his numbers and letters. He is a very magical thinker and can't wait until he is old enough to go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardery. I am so glad that Xander is part of our family!! Love you Cha-chi

Xander chose an ice cream cake over my homemade cake. It turned out to be a good thing because chemo was really tough this week.

The Zarts were really fun, but they only lasted a day before some one pulled off the fletch.


Ryker, Parker, Landon, Xander, and Tanner.


3 comments:

Julie said...

I love getting little glimpses into people's stories (like the labor story). You have such adorable boys.

Anna Linnea said...

Happy Birthday Xander!

lynette said...

It was great to see you and the kids this week Jeanel. They are growing up SO fast. I still remember when mine were little and you didn't have any. Now mine are all grown up and yours are little, but it all goes way too fast!
Love you, and happy to see you blogging!