Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Park City




Sorry about the delay in posting. I've been having some computer technical difficulties.
Things continue to move along as we try to come up with a plan of attack. I had my 10th chemo on Wed. and on Thursday I had a CT guided biopsy of the thryoid mass (finally). The slides made from the biopsy aren't very good (there is more connective tissue than tumor cells), but they think the tumor is thyroid cancer not breast cancer. I'm not sure if that is good news, but it is news and does change things. At this point the surgeons are thinking that I should have my thyroid and the mass removed 2-3 weeks after the mastectomy. The verdict is not in and the experts have yet to weigh in, so I will keep you posted.
We had a wonderful weekend as a family in Park City. Bruce had a conference on Thursday and Friday, so we met in on Friday-Sunday. The boys had a great time exploring the hotel, swimming, doing the alpine slide and coaster, and having some family time. Its always nice to get away.
My learning moment this week was when I realized there are only 2 ways of living life- God's way and not God's way. There is no in between. That realization has helped me more fully put everything in the Lord's hands as I fight this fight.
Love this time of year! Enjoy the fresh air!
Jeanel

2 comments:

Jen said...

Jeanel,
Your faith is so inspiring. We can see the Lords blessings of strenght and understanding in your courage.We will continue to pray for you and your cute family. We Love You.
Jeni and Rob

Colby and Alyssa said...

Jeanel,
Kristine told me the news so I just spent the last hour crying and reading your entire blog. Your courage and faith has given me a new outlook on my daily life routine. You are in our prayers.
Love,
Alyssa (and Colby and Lincoln)