Sunday, September 7, 2008

Surgery Scheduled

Hello everyone! This week was a good one...I had a wonderful surprise this week when I received a digital scrapbook from my classmates in grad school. I got it in the mail and chose not to open it for a few days because I didn't want to get emotional. What a wonderful surprise to see the "glory days" in full color. It was so fun to reminisce. I also had a fun visit with Suzette on Thursday.
I had my 9th chemo on Wednesday. My blood counts continue to look good. I was feeling a little sad, so I was very grateful for the benedryl that they inject before chemo because it knocks me out and by the time I woke up, chemo was almost done and I was feeling better. :) On Friday I had my appointment with the surgeon who will do the mastectomy. It is on the books for the 30 Sept. Although it is a difficult step, I am looking forward to this milestone because it is a sign of progress.
As my journey continues, I am continually reminded of both the tragedies and blessings of life. No matter what our life experience is, the Lord Jesus Christ is our strength, our comfort, and the very focus of our faith.
Have a great week. Thanks for your continued faith and prayers!
Jeanel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanel,

Hey! Glad we could send a few laughs your way. I've been wanting to locate some of the old Midwestern pals and finally got it done :) What would we do without Raj in the class!
Hugs to you as you finish up the chemo treatment and prepare for surgery. You are a woman of great strength and will be through this step before you know it.
love, michelle

Anna Linnea said...

I am so glad to hear that you have your surgery scheduled. I know how difficult that has to be, but it is a huge step to be able to make! Your attitude and determination continue to amaze me! I posted a blog about you, if you haven't looked, and had lots of friends say they are adding you to their prayer list. Keep fighting!

Linnea

Gloria Otto said...

Everyday is a new day Jeanel, and there is always going to be a bright new day for you, so with a song in your heart and a smile on your face, it's time to start your new day. I know you will bravely take on the challenges of each new day. and I am so very proud of you

When I made up the silly New Day song 35 years ago, to get everyone up in the morning, I didn't appreciate how much I would value each new day, as I do now.

Over the years I have learned that Life is experiential and so often our experiences are what define our perspective about life and our capacity to face and endure adversity. But you have taught me more in the last 3 months about facing adversity with courage and strength, endurance going up the hill to do battle with Cancer, armed with determination, faith and hope, that all will be well.

I believe you have earned the highest honor for bravery, the
'purple heart'

Love Mom XOXO

lynette said...

Jeanel,
Heard you were in my neck of the woods this weekend. Sorry to say I was in Kaysville and didn't get a chance to see you. Your adventures just get more unbelievable every week, and I am glad to hear that you can see humor in the bizarre!

Although I know I am a bit (ok a lot) eccentric, it is humor that sees me through when things feel most tragic. Abe Lincoln said that mankind had one truly great weapon, and that was laughter--I often find myself in full armor!

You have a strength and resilience that is a true inspiration. Keep fighting for us all!
Love ya,
Uncle Net