Sunday, May 3, 2009

Picture Perfect Day?






Ryker turned 2 in January. It is now May. This week Brooke and I took the boys to Temple Square in an attempt to capture a picture that would be '2-year-old-portrait-worthy'. That was a high stress day for me because I was trying to get things done around the house before my last chemo treatment. When I came downstairs, after sorting through the boys' winter clothes, I found Xander with a butterfly stamp in his hand that he stamped all over his arms and face, as well as Ryker's face. As the boys can probably tell you, I was not happy and I didn't have time to get myself ready... Anyway, after the scrub down, the 30 minute drive, and the military march to the photo shoot (to avoid any wrinkles or dirt) we made it to the chosen spot. Landon decide he couldn't remember how to smile, Xander chose not to smile, and Ryker either looked like he was in pain or didn't want to pay attention. Some how Brooke managed to get some good shots and hopefully I won't burn in 'bad-mommy-dum'.
On a more positive and less stressful note, this week I was able to go to Women's Conference at BYU with my sister and mom. We had a great time. The speakers were great and focused on being able to do all things with the strength of the Lord. It was nice to be back on campus and see how things have changed over the passed 13 years.

7 comments:

meegz said...

Isn't that how all photo shoots are? I don't know any different.:) LOVE the new photo at the top -- I hope you have it framed at home(or at least soon!!)

Anna Linnea said...

Those pictures are so cute! No one would ever guess the drama that went into getting them taken! Thanks for the call last night, it was good talking to you!

Teresa said...

The photos are adorable! Love the header one as well.

We are also LDS, and I have a little girl with a terminal illness. I've sometimes considered what it would be like to be the one with a life threatening disease and how it would alter my life. Having my daughter sick and knowing one day we'll have to say our goodbyes sometimes feels like too much to handle. shes just so cute...and i kinda sorta like her!! Thank goodness for the gospel.

I can't imagine what you go through daily without knowing the future and knowing you want to be here for your family. I apologize if you've already written this elsewhere, but how are things going? Is the chemo working?

Hugs,
Teresa

Sam said...

The photos are wonderful and that's sure some handsome boys. I love their names, too. :)

Rachelle said...

I think the pictures turned out great. I took my three boys to have pictures taken a couple of weeks ago, and I almost ended up in tears of frustration! Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking of you. You're in my prayers!!!!

Page said...

Those pictures are GREAT!! The boys look so old; they'll be even older next time we finally see them!

Missy said...

Those pictures don't represent the torture you went through to get them! They look great. I especially love the one where they're kissing you. I think I'm going to bad-mommy-dum all the time, especially when I'm in a hurry and Preston just doesn't understand!

Love,
Missy