Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bald is Beautiful!

This has been a good week! Thanks to the Routson's for hosting the shaving party!! A fun time was had by all. I hope that people did not regret their decision once they went home and looked in the mirror. (Some people are even more beautiful bald :)) I really appreciate the support!
Thursday-Sunday was the Otto Family Reunion. We began the weekend by decorating pink t-shirts with the "fight the cancer" theme. It was great to see every one's creativity come out and feel the love and support. We had a great time playing games, hanging out, talking, and of course eating good food. Thanks to everyone for playing your parts, believing in my miracle, and helping us through this. I look forward to many more!
This week's chemo went well. I was actually anticipating not feeling well, especially after last week) but was happily surprised. On Wednesday, I am going to have one more chemo treatment before having a break next week. That will be treatment #6. Following the chemo I will head to Huntsman Cancer Institute with Bruce and my dad for a second opinion. I am so excited and grateful to have this appointment. I am happy with my current treatment, but want to know that we are doing everything that we can and also want to be prepared if we run into any road blocks down later.
Keep praying! Love, Jeanel

4 comments:

Page said...

I just looked at those pictures from the last post, and you really do look pretty without hair! It makes your eyes POP!

Jason Wilde said...

So either I'm stupid or my comment got erased in cyberspace. Maybe it's the Apple IIe I'm using here in the ML computer lab.

Seriously, thank you so much for this blog and for Bruce's updates. It makes it easier for those of us not close to you in location to follow your valiant and soon-to-be-victorious fight.

Love the head-shaving party, but glad I can use the "ESPN doesn't want me to" excuse for not doing it myself. That, and the fact that I have serious doubts about whether it'd grow back.

Prayers and good thoughts from here to there.

Jason

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanel.

Thanks for keeping us updated.....it is good to hear from you. I almost jumped out of my chair on the last blog as I had my speakers on high and James Brown gave me a wake up call! I like the new "do".
Hugs and prayers from michelle/chris/halo :)

The Young Matriarch said...

Hey jeanel!

It is Karen and Ko form the infamous COU in Milwaukee. Thanks for all the updates and we want you to know we are thinking of you all the time. Keep fighting sister.

Love ya