Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mass Investigation

This week started with a trip to the ENT. By the end of the visit I had hoped that I would have the surgeon talked into performing the thyroidectomy with the mastectomy or at least a few days after. I wasn't able to persuade him into seeing things my way because he was preoccupied with a 4cm x 2cm mass that has yet to be identified. I was scheduled for a biopsy on Friday, however this was canceled and a technetium study in now scheduled for Tuesday. I'm not totally sure what the study's purpose is, but hopefully we get to the bottom of this.
I have renewed my internet searching as we get closer to surgery and subsequent chemo/radiation. I was excited to find the First International Inflammatory Breast Conference. It is Dec 5-7th in Houston. Hopefully we will find some life saving information at the conference.
On Wednesday, my mom was able to come with me to my 8th chemo treatment. All went well and as usual, I was able to catch a couple of z's. I was tired on Thursday, but Friday and Saturday were a better. I am looking forward to the long weekend with Bruce and the boys.
Saturday I made the sad trip to the airport with my mom. She returned to TN after a much appreciated extended stay with our family. I will miss the care, companionship, and concern. No matter how old you get, it is always comforting to have your mom by your side when things aren't going well. I already miss her.
Landon and Xander had their first full week of school. Landon is enjoying his class and by all accounts he is making the grade. Xander's teacher says that he is happy and making friends. Ryker and I have enjoyed him being an only child 2 days/wk.
Love to All!
Jeanel

2 comments:

Page said...

Today we looked through all the pictures and little videos that we took during our last visit to your home. (I should really send you those.) We laughed and laughed at your funny boys and talked about things we love about them, like Landon's accompanying me on my morning jogs. We missed you, too, and wished we could see you soon. We admire you so much for both fighting and living so fully.

Anna Linnea said...

I am so glad to see that they are coming out with more info on IBC. Hopefully the conference will be awesome. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom had to leave. :(. Continue fighting. You are an inspiration to all of us!