Monday, August 18, 2008

Huntsman Update

It was a very busy week this week and much was accomplished. On Wednesday I had chemo in the morning and went to Huntsman in the afternoon. As usual, I slept through most of chemo and felt pretty well. We had an hour or so before we had to leave to Huntsman, so I finished making a comparative chart of my test results because there is a lot of variation from test to test. Huntsman was all that we had anticipated. We are on a good treatment path and the tumor continues to shrink and the skin looks better and better. The only difference suggested by the Huntsman doctors would be to push through chemo (if my blood counts stay high enough) even if I have sensory/motor loss in my hands/feet or have heart problems. I am planning on returning to Huntsman after my surgery which is projected to be the first part of October.
We are continuing to work on the house. On Saturday we had lots of help emptying out our basement and staging the house. I had tired days on Friday and Saturday, so the help and understanding is even that much more appreciated. Thank you to all those who pitched in to lend a helping hand or even an awesome trailer :)!
As I begin to feel the affects of chemo I continue to be more humbled and appreciate that every thing is in the hands of the Lord. Thank you for praying and helping me fight the good fight!
Love Jeanel

7 comments:

Bobbi B said...

Hi Jeanel!
This is Bobbi from back in the day at the good old Clinic of Urology! My mom called to tell me about you and your site. I honestly don't know what to say except I will pray for you and your family every day. I have thought of you over the years. Distance puts such a strain on keeping in touch with everyone! Much love to you and your family. Please say hello to your dad! I'd love to catch up if at all possible: b_britto@yahoo.com

Much love,

Bobbi (Basch) Britto

meegz said...

What can I do to help with the house?? I didn't know you were working on it.

lynette said...

Jeanel,
Just want you to know that I check your sight often, and pray for you every day. You are in my thoughts several times each day!

We just got a new speech therapist at my school (where I teach resource). She is Analisa Kindt from Wisconson. I showed her your blog and she was so excited to see your family and touched by your plight.

Your strength adds a new layer of depth to my often-shallow mind. You inspire me!
Love ya - Lynette

bigsister said...

I am your sister :)

Jason Wilde said...

Found myself thinking of you as I flew into Denver this week ... Funny how deep our thoughts are when staring out of airplane windows at 35,000 feet.

My closing thought was that I've been to the Mile High City plenty but I'm still waiting to see those mountains of Utah. :)

Best to you, Bruce and the boys.

JW

Unknown said...

Jeanel,
My name is Susan Jassak and you do not know me. I heard about you and your recent diagnosis of cancer from my daughter Elizabeth, who is a friend of your brother Rick.
I have included you in my daily prayers. Prayer is amazing.
I was diagnosed with an agressive form of invasive breast cancer in January 2006. I completed my last treatment in April 2007. I am doing very well. Elizabeth and I will be thinking of you as we walk in the 60 mile Komen breast cancer walk September 19-21.
God Bless You.
Susan Jassak

Roys Blog said...

Hi Jeanel,
I just wanted to let you know that I think about you often and that I love you! I'm usually up at Huntsman in mammography on Wednesday and Thursday. Stop by if you're ever up there.

Love,
Roylene roylener2000@yahoo.com