Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

What a wonderful time of year. I am so grateful that I have this time to reflect upon all of my blessings and to enjoy some extra time with my family.
I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for His eternal sacrifice that not only cleanses me of my sins and short comings, but also comforts me through my trials. I am grateful for prayer and for the scriptures. I know that my Heavenly Father knows what I need and loves me. There is no greater peace than knowing this.
I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be married to my true love. He is my rock and my helper and he is a wonderful daddy. He makes me laugh and helps me see the good in our lives. He is my best friend.
I am so grateful for my Landy. He is so smart, loving, and thoughtful. He makes me beautiful pictures and writes me inspiring words. He is trying so hard to be a good big brother and helper. I love his hugs and his smiles. He likes to call me "Mamacita"...
I am so grateful for Xander (aka "Cha-chi). He is my jumper. He is the first one to give me a juicy kissy. He snuggles for just a minute and likes to pet my arm. He is a good little boy and I love it when he decides to play nicely with his brothers.
My little Ryker is a joy. He is funny, loving, and full of energy. His sense of humor is amazing for his age. He loves to say, "hello" to everyone. He calls himself 'Bruce' and says, "I am trouble." He will snuggle for a short moment when I beg. He comes running from anywhere in the house yelling, "I want some", when he hears someone working in the kitchen. He loves just being one of the big boys.
I am grateful for my mom. She has come into our home to love and to serve. Day in and day out, she is here helping the boys and me. How blessed we are to have her! I love you mom. I am grateful for my dad and know that even when he can't be here, he wishes he could be. I am grateful for all of his help in searching for the best medical care available and for providing strength and comfort through it all.
I am grateful for my brother, Jeff. I appreciate his telephone calls to just check on me and his desire to be my protector. I am grateful for him and his family and the loving attention they give to our boys during their sleep overs.
I am grateful for my sister, Suzette. God was truly watching over me when He blessed me with my best friend as my sister. Am so grateful for the deep understanding and friendship that we share. She makes me laugh and cry. She inspires me to be more through her kind and generous example. I am grateful for her husband, Greg, who is always there to lend a listening ear and make me laugh.
I am grateful for my brother, Paul. He is so thoughtful! Ever week he comes over with an awesome home cooked meal, a balloon, and some Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I am grateful for his phone calls and his visits. He has a wonderful heart and is such an example. I am grateful for his wife, Amy. She is so kind and always has a hug and smile.
I am grateful for my brother, Rick. I know that though he is far away (in medical school in NC), he is close in thought and in spirit. I am so grateful that he and his wife, Page, were able to be here for a week in July and help us when everything was so new and tender. It is a time that will never be forgotten.
I am grateful for all of my nieces and nephews. They were my babies (and still are) before I had my own. I am grateful for their sweet encouragement,love, faith, and prayers.
I am grateful for my sister-in-law Brooke who spear-headed this fight with my family and friends and contiues to support me and cheer me on.
I am grateful for Susan. She loves my boys inspite of themselves and is always here to help with a cheerful disposition and faith in her heart that all will work out.
I am grateful for my friends. I am grateful for the phone calls I get on a daily basis. I am grateful for those who leave a message on my blog, those who send a letter, those who stop by to say 'hi' or even leave a little treat, and I am grateful for those who help with rides to school and play time after school, those who help me make a quilt, invite me to the temple or take me to a movie.
I am grateful for all of my family, friends, friends of friends, and those of you I hardly know who's faith and prayers see me through on a daily basis.
I am grateful to have been born in this country and have medical advances available to me; I am grateful that I have responded well to those medicines. I am grateful for our house and job, our food on the table, a warm shower, and a soft bed. I am grateful for all the joys of life and wonders of the world I have experienced and know that there is much more joy for me yet to experience.
Thanks to you all for making my life full of things to be grateful for and thanks to God for making it all possible.
Love, Jeanel

6 comments:

Page said...

Thank you for this post. Your message was a wonderful conclusion to our Thanksgiving Day.

shaunandnina said...

Beautiful. You, your heart, your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jeanel. Hope you had a wonderful day with your family. Thank you for keeping us in your life and sharing .

Julie said...

I am thankful for your example of grace under fire!

Anna Linnea said...

We have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for your blog. The highlight of my Thanksgiving was seeing you again. I hope you are feeling better!

Brigette and Paul said...

Jeanel, you don't know how much i look up to you and all that you have endured. You are such a blessing in my life. I treasure the time we get to spend together and look forward to many more :)
lot's of love!
Brigette