Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week Off

It is amazing the difference one week can make. I began feeling a lot better on Wednesday and I have really enjoyed this week. I even felt well enough to get some Christmas shopping done and shop for some material for a quilt that Michelle Stay is going to help me make for the boys.
I met with my radiation oncologist this week and will begin the radiation treatments on 4 December. I will have them 2x/day for 4-5 weeks. I should finish at the beginning of 2009.
I began occupational therapy this week for my lymphedema (swelling) in my right arm. Bruce came with me on Thursday to learn how to do the massage and how to wrap my arm. He is a quick learner, but we have a tough time with compliance because it takes a long time and the boys can't be part of the equation.
My last chemo is on Wednesday. On Thursday we are looking forward to having Thanksgiving with my family at my brother Paul's house.
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
Love, Jeanel

2 comments:

Anna Linnea said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Just in time for turkey day! It looks like we will be coming your way after all! Yipee! I am so looking forward to our early morning visit. I will call you in the next few days and plan more.

shaunandnina said...

You are an amazing woman.