Sunday, November 9, 2008

Quite Weekend

This has been a nice week. It took me about a week to recover from the chemo and my energy was a little lower, but I can check off another chemo treatment.
I was discussing with Bruce today how unfair it is that with this chemo I have gotten the hair back on my legs, but have lost my eye lashes and eye brows. Now this might not seem like that big of a deal for most, but for me it is a real struggle to create eye brows- It was hard enough to successfully use eye liner for basic application and I'd been doing it for 20 years... I feel like a rookie in the majors (and I never wanted to be drafted).
This weekend my sister took our three boys. Our house has never known such peace and quite. Bruce and I have enjoyed having the time to spend together and having time to do our individual projects. I was also able to go to my mom's new apartment. We had a great time running to Lowe's, going out to dinner, and assembling shelves without reading the instructions.
All is well on the home front. Keep the faith!
love, Jeanel

6 comments:

shaunandnina said...

That leg hair thing is quite the rip-off! I'm glad you had a relaxing week. Luv ya!

meegz said...

Hey, I personally thought the brows were great! Thanks for being my RS chatter ---
Love,
the rude girl on the back row.:)

Julie said...

Ok, that's so wrong! Guess it shows Heavenly Father has a sense of humor.

Melissa-Mc said...

So is that 1 chemo treatment left? Hope you are feeling stronger soon.

Tom said...

Eye brows overrated-you should have my permanant round bald spot on the top of my head-I told the students that evertime I had to turn around and write on the board that I felt like I was "mooning" them!! OK my joke for the day. Now if you were one of the students of today-you would just tatoo the brows back on!!!!! Keep fighting Jeanel-you are doing great!!!!

Nicole said...

Girl, this is right up my alley! Since I have not had eyelashes or eyebrows for about twenty years let me give you a few tips. Stick with brown tones. Don't be tempted to go black or use a color for your eyeliner. Use a tappered brush for your brows not a pencil. If you have time or the energy, go to the MAC make-up counter at Nordstroms tell them the deal (emphasize you want to look natural) and they will hook you up with the what you need. I know it's frustrating at the beginning but you will be a pro soon.

Nicole Johnson