Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween


What a beautiful Halloween! I can't remember a nicer night for trick-or-treating. The boys had a great time. Ryker did a great job saying, "trick treat" and "thank you". He was in awe of getting candy by just saying something so simple. He was also much more motivated climbing up to get the treat than he was climbing down. Landon and Xander enjoyed sprinting house to house and counting their loot when it was all said and done. They are working on mastering the art of negotiation as they trade their candy.
Life on the home front is plugging along. I had the second round of the new chemo on Thursday. Thankfully, I had enough energy to go trick-or-treating on Friday and then I crashed on Saturday and Sunday. I tried taking my anti-nausea meds on a schedule to avoid feeling really ucky. I think it helped and will do the same for the next two rounds. I'm feeling a bit better today and will be on the up-swing until my next treatment.
My mom moved into her apartment this weekend. She will be here during the day when I need her and be able to have her own space at night. My dad will be joining her soon, which will be a comfort to all.
The fight marches on! Thank you for your continued faith and prayers!
Love Jeanel

5 comments:

meegz said...

AHHH! A new post -- I was beginning to think I needed to come knock down your door to see how you are. :) Glad to hear the anti-nausea meds worked a bit better.
Your Mom bore her testimony yesterday in RS. She's a great woman -- you're a lucky one to have her and she's a lucky one to have you!!!
Take care girlfriend -- I love you!!

Melissa-Mc said...

Congrats on making through another round of chemo. I am SO glad you were able to enjoy Halloween. As a kid I never thought I would love Halloween so much as a parent.

Take care.

Anna Linnea said...

So glad to hear that you were able to go trick or treating with your kids. We had a beautiful night here as well. One more round of treatment done! Glad to see you posting again. Get lots of rest and watch Gone with the Wind, it's nice and long! Love ya.

shaunandnina said...

I love ya! I'm so glad you had a good Halloween - it was a perfect night. You are so tough, and truly inspire all of us - keep fighting :-)

Tom said...

You are one tough cookie-in a good way but also in a necessary way to take care of all of the things you are dealing with-let alone your family. I am really glad to see another post and it sounds like you have got things under control-you are amazing Jeanel!