Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ryker Turns 2



On Saturday Ryker turned 2. He is such a fun kid! We had a great time celebrating with cake and ice cream. I made him a Dora backpack cake in an attempt to masculanize the Dora theme. I love Ryker! I love the way he blinks his eyes when I tell him he has pretty eyes, I love the way he shows us his dimple, I love the way he sings songs and gallops from place to place, I love the way he gets nose to nose and says , 'I love you Mommacita', I love the way he goes toe to toe with his big brothers. His favorite things are Dora, riding on his turtle, loving his blanket and his big boy bed, building blocks, climbing and singing songs. He is sweet and full of energy. I am so glad that he is part of our family.
It is official. On Monday the 26th of January, I will drink $10,000 worth of radioactive iodine. I'm planning on staying at a hotel for the first 24 hours because that is when 90% of the radiation is given off. I will then spend the rest of the week at my parent's so as to not be around the boys. It will be tough to be away, but I hope to be productive and get some serious scrap booking done. Wednesday or Thursday (yet to be determined) will be a welcomed day because I will then be able to return to a normal diet. I have yet to decide what my first forbidden food will be, but I will have plenty of time to think about it.
On Friday I went up to Perry, UT to visit my friend Amber, who is also suffering for Inflammatory Breast Cancer. We had a nice visit and I look forward to seeing her again soon. You can check out her website at amberchase.weebly.com. She is an amazing person and her blog is very inspiring.
Hopefully this week I can win the battle against thyroid cancer so that I can get back to fighting IBC. Please keep praying as the battle continues. I have continued to be blessed with strength because of all the prayers in my behalf. The Lord has walked with me and helped me carry this burden. There is peace in reading the scriptures. I am eternally grateful for His loving arms and for your support and prayers! love, Jeanel

6 comments:

meegz said...

I love you Jeanel...who knew your trial could bring others so much strength. You and your whole family are truly amazing!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Anna Linnea said...

Good luck with tomorrow!!! It will be so nice to get that all over with and be able to eat normal foods again. I wish I could be with you when you first get to eat the forbidden foods. Glad to hear that Ryker had a good b-day. He is such a cute little guy. We love you! You continue to be an inspiration to me and my family. Keep fighting!

shaunandnina said...

Good Luck tomorrow, Jeanel! I must say, the next time you play that game two truths and a lie, the whole party is gonna be stumped :-) That old TV show Fear Factor has nothing on you, babe! The prayers won't stop.

Lilian said...

Hi Jeanel, I just received your letter. I'm so so sorry. I cried and prayed for you all day. I tried calling today, but I do not have your new number. So I would love to chat, call me if have my number here in WA. I hope you check your comments. :)
Good luck!!
Love Lilian

Julie said...

I can't believe you had to DRINK that! gack! I don't suppose it was chocolate flavored? At least you have your food freedom to look forward to. Hope you enjoy it!

Leslie said...

Jeanel,

I have thought about you all this week and am hoping that you are doing well.
I want you to know that I appreciate the opportunity to read your family updates. They are sweet, informative and inspiring. I have come to see and appreciate a side of you that I never knew you had. You are an amazing woman Jeanel.

Miss you, Leslie