Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hospital Shots






Here are a few photos from my first hospital stay.
Things continue to progress well. My left arm is doing great, my right arm continues to be a little swollen and numb, especially under my arm, but I do see progress.
We got the surgical pathology back on Friday. My left breast came back normal and the right breast came back with minimal invasive ductal carcinoma and extensive in situ carcinoma. Only one out of six lymph nodes came back positive and there were good margins on all the samples. We aren't really sure what that means, but I will send the results to my doctor at Huntsman to get things rolling for after my recovery from the neck surgery on Tuesday.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, and a special thanks to all those who are helping with the boys while I am out of commission.
Love, Jeanel

6 comments:

Page said...

You are amazing to be smiling like that in the hospital!

I got out the bin of 12-month winter clothes this weekend and got soooooo excited for Carson to wear them!!!!!!! I can never thank you enough.

Melissa-Mc said...

That 2nd picture is funny. I love your great sense of humor. My friends threw me a tata to the tatas party. I guess it's a little more drastic than your reduction.

I hope you are feeling better every day.

meegz said...

I gotta stop reading this late at night -- I keep crying!:)
I love the boob pic. LOL. But I love your stregth, FAITH and HOPE more. I have faith in YOU. I know you are a strong woman and have the power to do whatever is necessary to get you through.

cristina said...

Ya lei, gracias por darme esta fuente de información. Me la he pasado pensando cual seria la hora mas apropieada para llamar a tu casa para saber de ti, pero mas o menos aqui me voy enterando (para algo tengo un diccionario en la computadora, no?, jiji).

Te quiero mucho Jeanel, sé que te vas a recuperar.

Besos a todos en tu familia.

Cristina

lynette said...

Jeanel,
What a family of strong women!!! You are truly inspirational. You are in my prayers...Tuesday is tomorrow already. Are you really having surgery again that fast?

Thanks for sharing your battle with all of us. It is very unselfish, and gives so many of us the chance to see you fight. It is truly uplifting to me.
Fight On!!!
Net

What's the Fancy Dance? said...

Hna. Otto! I just got a note from John Campbell about your surgery and this blog! It's great to see your face and remember that smile that made life in the DR so great -- and all the times you schooled me in the parking lot of the Los Mina chapel. Our prayers are with you from all the way out here in NC!

Keep fightin'!

Hugs, Scott (Elder Batchelor)