Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tired

The new round of chemo began on Friday. The day following treatment I need to go in and get a shot to boost my immune system, so on Saturday we went in as a family and had breakfast at the hospital. It's amazing that the boys think the hospital cafeteria is so much fun...
On Saturday afternoon I began to feel the affects of the new chemo, with the expensive anti-nausea meds. I was pretty nauseated for 2-3 days and slept a lot. Gratefully, my parents and Bruce were able to take care of the kids and let me rest. I have gradually started to feel less nausiated and have gained strength. It sure has been a reality check.
The boys have been enjoying the fall weather, halloween parties, and running around in the basement. Landon had a field trip to the pumpkin patch and played his last soccer game. Xander is really enjoying pre-school and having friends. Ryker is talking more and more each day. My favorite thing is when I hang up the phone he always asks, "Who's dat Mom?"
My dad left on Wednesday. We will all miss him!! Dad, thanks for everything you have done to help us!
Thanks to all of you for your continued support!
love, Jeanel

3 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

I hope the nausea goes away quickly and that you're able to get lots of rest.

meegz said...

OH Jeanel, I am soo sorry. I have been so grateful that you haven't been too sick so far. I have hope and faith that you will still be able to enjoy your boys and Bruce through this. Thank heavens for your Mom still being here. Please know I'm over here and ready and willing to help.
Don't leave me hangin' girlfriend!!!:)

Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeanel!

Wanted to say hi and thinking about you. We just got back from doing all the wedding stuff. Still learning to spell my new name :0 I will send you some pictures. How is PT going? Hope you can get some rest. I will pray for a speedy next few weeks. XOXO michael