Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm Home


My surgery went off without a hitch. I slept so much during the day on Tuesday, that zzz's were hard to come by at night.
Wednesday was a family day. Jeff, Suzette, Paul, Amy, and Bruce kept me entertained. We had the end room on the med/surg floor and right outside my room was a little sun room area, which was perfect for our little family gathering. My mom flew in on Wed and was able to stop by before visiting hours were over.
Bruce brought Xander and Ryker by for a short visit Thursday morning. We went down to the cafeteria for a treat. The boys thought they were so big and had a great time.
I came home in the afternoon and have enjoyed the comforts of home. Xander and Ryker are at Jeff and Joni's for a few days. Landon has been enjoying a little alone time at home with his parents. He helped Bruce put up some Halloween decorations.
My sister, Suzette, is off to St. George to run the marathon. On her shirt she wrote, "One day at a time, one mile at a time." I am so proud of her! Go Sister- I love you!
My recovery is going well. I haven't been on pain meds since Wednesday. My right arm is more sore (mostly due to numbness) than the left because of the node dissection. I am working on gentle range of motion and good positioning.
We are working out the details for Tuesday's surgery at LDS Hospital.
The Lord has blessed me with peace during this time. Thank you for all of your prayers!
love, Jeanel

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Jeanel, I am so glad to hear you are home and that all went well. Your courage and perseverence has brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for your example.

Love, Leslie

amberchase.weebly.com said...

Jeanel-glad to hear you are doing okay. Keep doing those stretching and finger walking exercises. They do make a big difference. I have been thinking of you a lot this past week, and remembering when I was where you are at. I am amazed at the healing that the body is capable of. Please don't hesitate to call me if you have questions, worries, etc.