Monday, October 13, 2008

Recovering Well

Yesterday was a wonderful day! My mom and I had a great time talking about the gospel,life, and how the Lord watches over us. Bruce came down to Suzette's with the boys (Landon stayed overnight so that he could have some much needed cousin time), and Jeff came down for a visit with his family. It was so nice to see Bruce, Landon, Xander, and Ryker. The boys aren't much for gentle, snuggle time but it was great to have them in my space and hear their craziness. I can't tell you how the much I miss things that used to drive me crazy. I can't wait to get well so that I can take care of my boys, husband, and home.
Take time to enjoy the blessings of every day life! Thanks again for your faith and prayers. Miracles happen every day, especially with friends like you!
Love Jeanel

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Just thought I'd leave you a note saying good luck, and that I intend to peek in at you all from time to time. You are welcome to visit our family blog at any time you would like, and know that our prayers are with you and yours. Stacey

meegz said...

I'm grateful you have a WONDERFUL family to help you out. We continue to pray for you and hope you know we love you and your family very much.

Brandon and Erica said...

I can't remember how I found this website...but, now I am officially de-lurking myself :-).

I have followed your story from the beginning, and must say I truly admire your strength and courage.

Last year I was diagnosed with Papillary Carcinoma (Thyroid Cancer). I thought I would just offer you a recommendation for your Endocrinologist, although I figure you probably already have a great one. If you live in the Salt Lake City area, there is a doctor at the U of U Diabetes Center named Devaprabu Abraham, MD. He is absolutely amazing. He has the best bedside manner, and is extremely thorough. He found my recurring cancer twice in the last two years (yes...my bad luck had it return twice!). But, as you know...thyroid cancer is still low-risk. My husband and I live in Provo, and our insurance doesn't even cover Dr. Abraham anymore. BUT, since he is truly amazing...we still make our trek up to SLC, and pay out of the **wazoo** for the check-ups.

Jeanel, I don't know you, but want you to know that I am praying for you and your family. And from what I see, you have incredible strength, support, and love from your friends, family and God.

Would you mind if I put your blog-link on my blog?

karenhroth said...

Jeanel,
I've been following your progress and am truly amazed by your courage, strength, and the love you have surrounding you. I haven't commented much because I can never remember how to work this thing!!!...but I check in and think about you often. I'm so glad to be reading such positive words (I can finally stop crying!) You are quite an inspiration...
I will pray for your continued recovery...so the MWU gang can come out and see you some time!!! :)
Love,
Karen