Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today was a beautiful day full of sunshine, love, laughter, and family. Bruce and the boys made breakfast in bed for Grandma (she got out of bed too early) and me. It is a tradition we all love. The boys love playing waiter and I enjoy hanging out in bed a little while longer. We had a nice time at church and then went to my brother, Paul's house for dinner and play time.
On the way home from Paul's house, Bruce asked me what my favorite part of the day was and oddly enough, the cards from Bruce and the boys were on the top of the list.
The card I got from the boys featured a bunch of kids yelling, "Mom", "Ma", "Mother", etc. over and over and then, "Happy Mother's Day!"-- very appropriate.
This is what Bruce's card said: "Once there was this guy. A nice guy really. And he met this girl. An incredible girl. So naturally this guy falls head over heels in love with her, and much to his surprise, she feels the same way, too. But that's just the beginning of the story... A few years pass and the guy and the girl have built a pretty good life together. They're a family with all the usual stuff thrown in. One day, between all the to-do's and have-to's, the guy stops and looks at his wife and he thinks- WOW. How did life get so good? And then he looks back at his wife and there's the answer... He met, fell in love with, and married the perfect girl. (What a lucky, lucky guy.) Happy Mother's Day!
It was a great day and I love all of my boys!

6 comments:

Julie said...

That's so sweet. Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! Wow, awesome pictures from the race and of the boys. I had to do a double take on the pictures of your little brother......that is little ricky right? I guess my memory was from to many years ago!! Keep updating us on your crafty side!!! Amay and I want to come visit sometime in the next year if you want company!
Hugs!
m

Tammy Bentley Jones said...

So happy that you had a great mothers day! You have a sweet, sweet family!

Dan Chase said...

Jeanel, We are so glad you had a wonderful mother's day! You deserve it after all you have been through. The pictures of your boys recently are great. We cannot believe how similar Ryker and Ammon seem. Probably just because they are boys about the same age. We are so thrilled that you are finally done with chemo. It will be very liberating! Take care: Dan & Amber

Eldorado said...

Dear Jeanel,

There is a red line under your name as if I spelled it wrong. After all the time I spent not only choosing a perfect name for you, but also, the perfect spelling. The spelling is perfect because it is made up with a part of my name (Jean) with a French nel to be pronounced Jean-nel, but Americans didn't understand the romantic and beautiful French sound in your name, so they say them all the same.
Happy Mother's day Jeanel Diane
It is a blessing and a miracle that you are able to have such a happy and healthy Mother's day and I am Grateful, very grateful for the '20' Chemotherapy treatments, for the kind and heartfelt prayers of so many thoughtful people

Tammy Bentley Jones said...

Jeanel you are AMAZING!! We love you and your family! Please let us know if there is anything you need. I seriously need to get your cookie recipe! Those are the best I've ever had. Thank you so much for your friendship. Love ya, Tammy