Sunday, May 31, 2009

PET Scan Results

Before heading out to North Carolina I had my 3rd PET Scan. Needless to say, I was worried about the test results and didn't want them to ruin my trip, but I couldn't resist knowing. The reading was not in before I left Salt Lake, so I checked in with Bruce during my layover in Detroit.
Great news! There is NO evidence of disease. However, there is an area of inflammation on my chest wall, which may be problematic, but at this point we don't have any reason to believe that is due to something other than the high dose of radiation I received.
I am cautiously optimistic and very grateful! I am looking forward to a wonderful summer with my family. I will have my tumor markers checked every month and will have another PET scan in 3-4 months.
My heart is so grateful, but at the same time I am very afraid to hope too much. Please keep praying for me and my family. I know it is because of the faith of those around me that I have been blessed with so many miracles. Thank you!
love, Jeanel

6 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

Great news! You are still in my prayers. I hope you will have NED for the rest of eternity!

shaunandnina said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you! The prayers will keep coming your way - love you and your sweet family!

Julie said...

What wonderful news. Hope is such a fragile thing, but we have to hold onto it. You will continue to be in my prayers!

Anna Linnea said...

Words can't even express how happy I am for you! Congrats and we will keep praying for your miracle!

Sam said...

Praise the Lord! May God continue to bless you and your family. :)

Anonymous said...

Great news Jeanel!!

Thanks for sharing your pictures from the trip! The umbrella looks great on the beach ;0
Hugs to you. Miss u lots!